‘Much Ado About Nothing’ is your Shakespeare play. You will be assessed in Literature Paper 1.
Revision task: Create an essay plan for the following questions. Don’t forget to cover all the assessment objectives — have a look at this example to help you.
- How is Don John presented as a stereotypical villain?
- To what extent does Shakespeare present Hero as a passive victim?
- How does Shakespeare present Don Pedro as benevolent?
- “Beatrice is an independent woman.” To what extent do you agree?
- How does Shakespeare present Claudio’s flaws?
- How does Shakespeare present ideas about family?
- “Honour and reputation is shown to be more important than love.” To what extent do you agree?
- To what extent is Benedick presented as an honourable man?
- How does Shakespeare present ideas about deceit and trickery?
- How does Shakespeare use comedy throughout the play?